Salome Namrata Simeon
Mrs Salome Namrata Simeon is a faculty-in-training in the Pastoral Theology and Counselling department with a focus on counselling. Her PhD work in is the area of motherhood identity in which she aims to explore how women reconstruct their identities on becoming a mother.
Mrs Salome is married to Rev Philip Yalla, a pastor in New City Fellowship, Bangalore, and together they have a son Elijah.
Areas of Focus
- Moral identity and religiosity among seminary students
- Counselling young adults and families
- Research in social sciences
- Motherhood studies
- PhD Candidate, Christ (Deemed to be) University, Bangalore
- MPhil in Psychology, Christ (Deemed to be) University, Bangalore
- Counselling Psychology, University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education, Chennai
- MA in Theological Studies, SAIACS-ATA, Bangalore
- BS in Psychology, University of Madras, Women’s Christian College, Chennai